I regret that it has come to this, but in order to ensure that comments will be dealt with in a fair and logically consistent manner, I am going to codify the following rules.
- Content of a hateful nature is forbidden. Commentators who engage in racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, ableism, or related intolerance will be summarily banned.
- Links to racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic, ableist or other hate sites, unless done in a critical manner will be deleted, and the commentator will be summarily banned.
- Blatant trolling is forbidden. All such comments will be deleted, and the commentators will be summarily banned.
- I do not owe any commentator any response to any comment. In general, I will try to respond if I think that they have commented in good faith, or if I think that they have raised an interesting point (or, if they are trolling, I happen to think of a particularly juicy insult). My likelihood of responding, however, falls off sharply when commentators are rude or arguing in bad faith.
- Comments which are disrespectful, either to myself or to other commentators, will be met with warnings. Repeat offenders will be summarily banned.
- Obviously, comments which are libelous, threatening, or containing links to illegal material (i.e, child pornography) will be reported to the relevant authorities.