I haven’t been having a lot of luck with predictions recently, so I’ll try to keep this short and sweet this year
- Popular culture will come to the conclusion that gay people aren’t “sensational” enough anymore, and fill-in the void with an increasing number of trans women. Most of these depictions will be trashy and dehumanizing, but some of them will be passably OK.
- Justin Trudeau’s Liberals will be behind in the polls by the end of the year for his constant inability to stop sticking his foot in his mouth.
- The Democrats will regain the House of Representatives in the USA.
- There will be massive labour unrest across Canada in response to increasingly regressive policies by government and industry.
- Greece will withdraw from the eurozone.
- And finally, let’s go for broke and say that NASA’s Orion space capsule will suffer delays either due to technology or to government underfunding, and not be ready to test until 2015.