I’m feeling a little bit of undirected creativity today, so I’m going to start up a new meme: the Blog Drinking Game! The idea here is that you list the top five recurring motifs/clichés in your blogging. In this fashion, you can enjoy a little harmless self-effacement, while hopefully improving your writing.
Alright; I shall go first:
Take A Shot Every Time I:
- Randomly work a swipe at Stephen Harper or the Conservative regime into a completely-unrelated blog-post.
- Use the construction: “But the point I’m trying to make here is…”
- Start-off writing in completely general terms and then relate it to transgenderism in the final paragraph.
- Write in general terms seemingly about a specific issue without ever naming what that issue is.
- Write a poem with a disclaimer apologizing for its amateurishness, but publish it anyways.