I cannot see the future; neither can you; don’t bet the farm on these.
- The Higgs Boson will turn out to be the simplest possible Higgs, leaving researchers frustrated by the lack of suggested new physics beyond the standard model.
- Justin Trudeau will implode beneath a series of gaffes and vapid comments, and Marc Garneau will win the Liberal leadership. Devoid of the star power of a new leader, the LPC will remain mired in a distant third.
- The Eurozone will fracture as Greece decides that readopting the drachma is the least bad option.
- Binyamin Netanyahu will be reelected in Israel; war with Iran will loom on the horizon by the end of 2013.
- Even if Chief Spence dies, the Idle No More protestors will manage to keep their demonstrations mostly peaceful; but we will see Tory ministers and Conservative pundits crowing at every minor incident in a frenzied effort to start a conflict.
- Stephen Harper will be the least popular sitting Prime Minister in Canadian history by the end of the year.
- NDP will form a majority government in BC; Ontario will get an unstable Conservative minority, with the NDP in second and the Liberals in third; Nova Scotia will get a Liberal majority government.
- The Kepler space telescope will discover a planet within 10% of the mass of the Earth, smack dab in the middle of its parent star’s habitable zone.
- Bashar Assad will be dead by June.
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan will stop lobbying for Turkey to join the EU all together, and instead opt to organize a new economic partnership between certain Middle Eastern countries: namely, Turkey, plus many of the Arab states which have recently undergone revolutions.