Borrowed from the QuixoticAutistic:
Highlights of 2012 Include:
1) Coming-out as transgender and beginning transition.
2) Finally being able to sit down with my advisor and come-up with a thesis project after a year and a half of grad school.
3) Finishing my thesis just a few days ago.
4) Deciding, to a large extent, about what I actually want to do with my life.
5) Writing The Secret History of Jaime. I didn’t write nearly as much as I wanted this year (what with my thesis eating-up all of my time), but I think that this is honestly one of the best works I have ever produced.
6) Finally getting psychiatric help for my crippling anxiety problem.
7) Presenting my work to the president of the Canadian Association of Physicists and finding him impressed by it.
8) Girlie shopping trips.
Low points of 2012 include:
1) Renting an overpriced suite from a deranged and psychotic bully, which annihilated my savings, undermined my mental health, and culminated in the Night of Blood and Panic.
2) Breaking-up with Leah.
3) Suicidal depression.
4) Having creepy, transphobic men screaming epithets at me everywhere I went for the first six months of transition.
5) The endless, monotonous work on my thesis.
6) Financial problems.
7) Gender-bullshit with my parents.